Sunday, November 18, 2012

So........... I HATE to cook and it's Thanksgiving...

Ok, maybe "hate " is too strong of a word, I really do not like to cook. I really do not get any enjoyment from making food, eating the food - yes, making it - no! If that's your thing then God bless you! God gave us all different gifts for a reason! Now that I'm an adult (44) and I have some "adult" children (ages 22 & 18) and they are not living at home any longer and God has blessed us with being able to move back to Ohio to be closer to everyone, I have decided that it was time to start our own tradition and I would make Thanksgiving dinner for us and we would have our own dinner on the Sunday before The Thanksgiving Day where we go to my mother's house and visit with my other relatives and play our annual fierce battle of girls vs boys in Pictionary! I LOVE this game....so funny..another blog.... So meet my new best friend:
Cooking the turkey breast in the crock pot was the best idea I ever had!! It was so easy and the turkey was so moist and tender! The best part was it didn't tie up the oven so I could work on cooking the other things. If you're going to cook a breast, I would really recommend trying this. There are tons of recipes online, just make sure the turkey you pick out will fit in your crock pot; mine was a bit too tall and we had to rig some 2 liters of pop and some duct tape to keep the lid on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Please consider following my blog - it would be such a blessing to have you as a friend!

Have a Blessed Day!