Thursday, April 12, 2012

J is for Jealousy but should be for Jesus

J could stand for a lot of things in my family, we all have names that start with the letter, even my brother and sister married people whose name started with a "J". I did not, very strangely both times I chose to marry men named "William". The first one went by Scott and the current one goes by Will. But I chose Jealousy for "J". Jealousy has always been a real issue in my life. I imagine at one time or another we all have been jealous. Maybe starting off in school like when the new girl started in our class and SHE had the cute curly hair the boys liked when my hair was bone straight. (Maybe that's why I still to this day get a perm...) Maybe when it seemed like everyone in school was thinner and richer than me (but looking back now I would kill to be that thin) Maybe in every single relationship I've ever had I've always compared myself to any woman my husband made any sort of contact with and was terrified that she would decide to make him her husband. That is until now.. I've found the secret that ended my jealousy of the other woman syndrome. It was Jesus, plain and simple. but the catch is, it's not just Jesus in my life, it's Jesus in my husband's life too. I have seen such a change in my husband in the past few years that is nothing short of a modern day miracle. Anyone who knew him in the past would find it very hard to believe that this is the same Will that speaks about the power of grace and can't wait to worship Jesus. I'm not saying he doesn't look at other women or find another women attractive. I mean, let's be honest we do it too don't we? But I really no longer have that fear inside that he's going to find someone better and leave me, I've given those fears to God and it has therefore released my jealous spirit. Praise God I am finally free!! Thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. You're so right. Jesus makes all the difference--especially when jealousy is concerned. Great post and thanks for following at Messy Marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Please consider following my blog - it would be such a blessing to have you as a friend!

Have a Blessed Day!