Monday, April 9, 2012

My First Blog Post!

Ok, So this is my first blog post, I'm not really sure what to say so I guess I'll just say I'm glad that you're reading this because that would mean that I'm not a total failure and something about my blog at least looked somewhat interesting to you. Like I said in my "about me" section, I'm working from home now doing my own artwork and trying to sell it online and on etsy, etc and I really miss working in an office environment. Even though there was a lot of drama and gossip... I miss it! My life is soooo boring right now! My husband would say "Good!" but I feel really lonely most of the time. Right now I have one step-daughter who is 13 (Maddy) who lives with us and is in the full throes of teenagerdom and sometimes (sometimes!) I even miss her eye rolling and sighs of disgust when she's at school! I know! How crazy is that!?! Please don't ever tell her that either!! We have a dog, a Pit Bull named June, but she sleeps a lot and doesn't talk back much. I haven't made many friends here in Iowa, I've only lived here for a little while and it seems most people my age (I'm 43) already have such busy lives with their children and an already full circle of friends. I find myself for the first time actually lonely. Well, thank God for the internet anyway and for my church. I started volunteering in the office so I get to go there for a few hours every Friday and I just love it! Although last friday there was a huge mistake made and the Easter booklets were all stapled wrong, like really wrong, like sort of backwards, so all the staples had to be removed and restapled and there was like 500 or more! I should have caught it earlier, but I didn't. I don't think I will be offered a real job there anytime soon. How humiliating......it was just stapling! Have I lost my edge for work? I haven't "worked" in over a year now. I used to be good, I used to be like the best, now I feel old and sort of useless, I'm not sure why. Why do I still need a paycheck to tell me I'm worth something. That is just silly! I know this! but yet it still bothers me......

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Please consider following my blog - it would be such a blessing to have you as a friend!

Have a Blessed Day!